NAHRA Apprentice Guidelines
- The purpose of Apprenticing will be to give a potential NAHRA judge some hands on experience prior to judging their first test.
- The Apprentice Judge should take part in the design, set up and execution of the test.
- The apprentice judge should take part in all communications with the handlers.
- The Apprentice Judge shall abide by the same rules as the judges as it pertains to judging.
- The apprentice judge shall not handle or enter a dog in the categories in which they have been assigned to judge.
- The Apprentice judge cannot handle a dog in any other category until the category he has been assigned to judge has been completed.
- No more then one Apprentice judge shall participate in a test at one time.
- All apprentice judging assignments shall be approved by the Field Test Chairman and the judges that will be partnered with the apprentice.