NAHRA is saddened to announce the passing of Dan Hove. We extend our heart felt condolences to Patsy, their family and friends.
Dan was held in high esteem by those that knew him. His contributions to the Hunting Retrievers, hunting and specifically NAHRA were enormous. We thank him for serving as an Officer of NAHRA for many years.
A smile on the face, a tip of the hat, a huge thanks and with sorrow we will greatly miss you, Dan Hove.
The NAHRA office hours will be limited.
Response time may be delayed, please contact your Regional Director or a NAHRA EBOD member if needed. Other pre-scheduled office closures are as follows:
July 12-19, 2020
October 11-18, 2020
November 22-28, 2020
December 21,2020 – January 1, 2021
Renew your membership today by visiting our NAHRA Gear Store
NAHRA – North American Hunting Retriever Association
In order to have a Login for the members only areas of the website and
to participate in the forums, you must be an active NAHRA member.
Check out the
NAHRA High Point Dog Award Changes:
Several years ago an awards program was instituted called the “NAHRA High Point Dog Award”.
Annually qualifying points earned during the calendar year were counted in each category within each region. The dog or dogs with the highest number of points were recognized.
Starting in 2018, this award will no longer be a Regional award. The “NAHRA High Point Dog” will be the dog that earns the highest number of qualifying points in all of NAHRA.
It will be awarded to a dog in each category. In the case of a tie, the dog with the fewest number of entries will be selected.
The intent of this change is to provide a prestigious award that values commitment and consistency.
New Club/ Returning Club Initiative:
- A “new” club would be a club that has not run a NAHRA test. A “returning” club, is a club that previously held a NAHRA Field Test but has not participated in NAHRA events for the previous 3 years.
- New/returning clubs would receive a 1-year NAHRA Club membership. In addition, all of the club’s nonexisting NAHRA members would receive a 1-year NAHRA membership if and when the club schedules a NAHRA Field Test through the cognizant Regional Director.
- All NAHRA event fees will be waived for the first Field Test that the club holds.
- The Field Test Application and the Final Field Test Report will still be required based on the current requirements and timelines. Huntsecretary.com entry service will be contacted for that hunt and instructed not to charge for NAHRA fees.
- All fees to Huntsecretary will still be in place as this is not a NAHRA fee, it is a fee for Huntsecretary’s servicesTo take advantage of this new initiative, please contact your NAHRA Regional Director.